Tuesday 7 August 2012

CARTOON TUESDAYS: Disney's 'Pocahontas'

 When I was little, I worshipped Pocahontas. Literally. I had the doll, I had John Smith, the little house, her weird little raccoon thing, her weird little bird thing, her necklace... I had every single toy relating to Pocahontas.
Okay, so when I was younger I mostly liked her because she has a nice singing voice and gorgeous hair, but now that I'm older, I must say that her figure is pretty damn amazing! See, that is hourglass at it's finest.
And, I absolutely adore her outfit. I really do! Well, minus that bizarre necklace made out of glass or whatever it is, and that totally unnecessary tattoo. I don't even care if this is weird, but I  her dress is actually pretty lush, and if it was socially acceptable to wear the exact same dress, I probably would: one shouldered, sweetheart neckline, cinched in at the waist - three of my favourite dress qualities! Not to mention the fringing.

So, it's official; fringing has made a comeback. And I'm glad. I don't really like that fringing that's meant to be hot right now - the crop tops with the fringing at the bottom, I think that's a bit weird, but I think those fringed dresses are so 1920's, which I adore with every fibre of my being, and when I was doing some internet hunting, I found this black fringed bag from ASOS (far right) - BAG LUST! Not enough to buy it, but then again, I'm on a student salary (meaning, I only get money on my birthday, waah).

No comments:

Post a Comment