Sunday 21 October 2012

BLAST FROM THE PAST: Bridget Hennessy





Before there was TBBT, Kaley Cuoco was 'The Hot One' as Bridget Hennessy in the sitcom
'8 Simple Rules'. This ran from 2002 - 2005. The next year, Kaley joined the cast of 'Charmed' for its final reason as Billie, the 'Hot' young witch. That finished in 2006, and the following year she played Penny, 'the Hot one' from 'The Big Bang Theory.' Typecast much?
 Anyway, '8 Simple Rules' was one of my all-time favourite TV programmes. I used to watch it when it was new, I watched the re-runs when it was finished, and I despaired when they stopped showing it on UK TV, and now I watch it online from time to time.
My favourite was always Bridget. She was thick as mince, but always good comedy value and she was absolutely gorgeous. Her clothes were so girly and feminine, and she used to wear at least one article of pink clothing/accessories all the time, she loved wearing scarves, and, looking back, although there were several fashion faux pas, there's no denying that her style is the personification of fashion in the early noughties - bright colours, cropped tops and leather trousers (any fans of the show will always remember Bridget dancing in front of the camera singing 'I look hot in my hot new pants.' Classic.
Here's a collage of some classic 'Bridget' looks:


And here's what I like to think Bridget would be wearing today, I must say, I do love pink lace tube top and the leather trousers, and leathers are really fashionable this season, but I didn't buy them. I already have the Jeffrey Campbell shoes though - they're so gorgeous, my sister bought them for my birthday. I have found some lower budget pink shoes for other poor people like me, where are £20 shoes from www.chockersshoes.co.uk. I adore the Alexander Mcqueen scarf too - its girly but edgy. I can't afford it though. Wah








No comments:

Post a Comment